Friday, April 6, 2012

Not Funny Friday

Today at Walmart, I pumped $70.68 into my truck all the while staring at a bright yellow sign adhered to the pump.  Your EBT cards welcome.  I guess I am behind.  I know they started accepting them at fast food restaurants and I thought that was totally stupid but now at the gas pump? 

Tuesday the Marine had a doctors appointment and we had to fill his van which has a very large tank.  $90.16 for that one.  We spent over $160.00 for gas this week and someone is getting their gas free from the government which comes from you and me.  How much out of control can this government get?  And what is even more crazier is that at least 2 convenience stores I have stopped at had help wanted signs.  OK...it may not be the job you want but it is a job until things get better.   I am not downing people who truly need the help but I know of at least 2 people who would rather suck off the government teat than go to work.  People like this purely disgust me.

 When I got home I looked up info about the EBT card and in some areas they can even be used at ATM machines to get cash.  There is nothing right about any of this.

 

6 comments:

  1. And they won't even give them a urine-test for drugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GS...I am all for them having to be drug tested if a worker who is paying the taxes to support them has to have one.

      Delete
  2. I got gas at Walmart yesterday and noticed the same message - on a bright yellow sticker stuck to the front of the pump. I wondered what it really meant? I assumed that they get their money on a debit type card now instead of however they used to get it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MM... I had to come home and look it up. Wish I hadn't. It really pissed me off. I wondered if food was being taken from children's mouths if their stupid parents chose to buy gas above food or maybe the nanny government is giving them enough money for both.

      Delete
  3. Yep they been using SNAP or EBT cards for sometime so it doesn't appear the people are using something different than others. I really didn't know this until one of the clerks at a local Dollar General brought it up. My debit card wasn't scanning properly and when she noticed she said something like she had hit the wrong button because almost no one uses anything but SNAP cards anymore. I guess they have now become the norm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PP...I did not know this..Dumb me, until I looked it up I thought EBT was a new debit card.

    When I was in our Dollar General the girl asked me before I checked out if I had cash because the EBT machine was broken. I just thought again she was talking about the debit card. You know...the one that actually comes from our bank! The bank where we put our money we earned to pay for someone's gas. Now I'm mad again.....LOL

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog