Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Amish Poor Man's Steak or We're not dead yet!

Last November I bit the bullet and canned many jars of Amish Poor Man's Steak.  It had a lot of ingredients in the mixture the canning police says not to can.  We have had meals several times during the year from the canned steak with each one as good as the one before.  Last night I opened another jar now over a year old for a quick "Survival Supper"  I have found if I stir in 3 tablespoons of brown gravy mix (bought in bulk at Sams Club) to 1/2 cup of water and add that to the Amish Steak while it is heating up.  It thickens the mushroom soup and makes a nice gravy.  I served it with rice, green beans and sliced potatoes all from our food stash.  It was a good filling meal.   

Make sure you see my post below this one for 100 recipes in a jar, free for your Kindle today.  Not only are they great for gift giving but you can study the ingredients and see what can be safely stored on your shelves already premixed for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog